Case study: Cambridge Home + Garden Show
Project: Event consultancy
The Cambridge Home + Garden Show is the creation of Jennifer Chong, owner of Feioi - Interior Design Project Management.
Jennifer wanted to bring something fresh and exciting to Cambridge. Using her knowledge of design, she had the plan of a new exhibition for the city. This independent event would celebrate the incredible local talent, support Cambridgeshire-based businesses, and help attendees find the best products and services for their next home or garden project.
Jennifer had targets that she wanted to achieve and required support with the event process as a whole. With it being the first exhibition of its kind in the city, she wanted to tap into our expertise to ensure that the Cambridge Home + Garden Show would be the incredible event she, the exhibitors, and all attendees deserved.
The main event
We supported the Cambridge Home + Garden Show from its early conception, right through to post-event review. Our event management and marketing services included:
- Set up of the ticket system used by all attendees
- Monitoring and reporting back on sales
- Dealing with ticketing enquiries from attendees
Venue and exhibitors
- Attended site visits and liaised with exhibitors regarding logistics
- Created logistical documentation for exhibitors giving detail on set up and pack down, as well as other important information for the day
- Structured delivery times for all exhibitors
- Created a campaign plan outline to help Jennifer coordinate all of her marketing activity
- Provided social media strategy advice across multiple platforms and reviewed facebook adverts to ensure maximum exposure and the best ROI
- Gave feedback on the website, MailChimp newsletters, and press releases
Set up / at event / post event
- On the set-up day, we were there to welcome exhibitors, assist with stand set up and on hand for moral support
- During the event we welcomed attendees utilising event technology to provide a smooth experience
- After the event, we gave a full debrief and actionable advice for future shows
What can we say?! We were excited about the event when we first met Jennifer and were delighted to see the end product; the first Cambridge Home + Garden Show.
The city now has a new annual event, highlighting what talented people we have in our region. With over 1000 attendees, 30+ stand holders and 8 speakers throughout the day, it was deemed a huge success by all. People were arriving enthusiastic about what they were going to see, and leaving thrilled to be a part of it.
It was fantastic to be involved in both the management and marketing of this event, sharing our knowledge at every stage. Hearing the words like "this is what Cambridge has needed" amongst the bustle of the crowd was fantastic. We can't wait for the next one!
Image credit: Rich Etteridge Photography & Cambridge Independent | Keith Heppell